Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Silence Before Dawn

It's been a few years since I pulled my poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn, out of print.

Recently, however, several readers approached me to express their interest in the forgotten book. Some asked me whether it was still available, while others were looking for an ebook edition of the work.

I would lie if I didn't admit that I'm rather pleased by this renewed interest in my poems. Poetry has always been a passion of mine, and although fiction became my main focus as the years went by, poetry still holds a special place in my heart.

While the print edition is no longer available, last night I dusted off the old files, and plan to take a fresh look at the poems. I may add a few more to the mix and release a new, updated edition within the next few months.

On the subject of ebook, however, I've decided not to release the poems in an ebook format. After some rather complicated reading, it appears that poetry formatting for ereaders is neither easy nor desirable. Various ereaders display the text differently and, since the intended line breaks, indents, and punctuation are essential in a poem, this is not something I'm willing to undertake. 

I wanted to acknowledge your comments, and express my gratitude for your interest in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment