Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Silence Before Dawn released

Back in 2006, I dipped my toes into the murky waters we call independent publishing. So many things have changed since then, that the world seems like an entirely different place.

A few months later, I pulled the book out of print (yes, we did print back then), and moved on to fiction. I spent the next several years working on fiction and short stories, writing poetry only on a few rare occasions.
But the 'unfinished' project always remained on my mind, even if only as an infrequent thought. 

With all my fiction published last year, I decided to dust off the old files (yes, I still had paper files) and take a critical look at what I had written. There were some easy edits, some significant rewrites, a few poems replaced with different ones, and twenty new poems added.

At first, I was reluctant to release my poems as an ebook. The first edition had all those pesky little things that e-readers do not like: hanging lines, spacing, text shifts . . .

Nevertheless, I decided to give it a try, and I rewrote most of the poems so they would work with e-readers without sacrificing meaning. Fortunately, thanks to a wonderful person who undertook the daunting task of converting my poems for Kindle, it worked.

So, without further ado, The Silence Before Dawn is now officially available on Kindle (exclusive, for the time being).
You can preview, view, or borrow the book here: Amazon

The print edition should be available within the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment